Monday, January 16, 2012

Milk Glass

We finished taking all the Christmas decorations down and I was looking for something to replace the kitchen decorations.  While I was putting boxes back I found these great antique milk glass items.   These were Jason's grandmother's and they have a sentimental value.

I used some flowers and votive candles to accent the pieces
This is what this corner looks like now

According to Wikipedia, milk glasses were first made in Venice in the 16th century, colors include blue, pink, yellow, brown, black, and white. 19th-century glass makers called milky white opaque glass "opal glass". The name milk glass is relatively recent.

These days, milk glass still remains a popular collectible for around the home. Although it is not as expensive as porcelain, I think it makes a beautiful alternative for all sorts of decorations and decor items.


3 comments:

France Guérin said...

I am a big fan of Milk Glass. Your's looks great. It is one way to keep our sweet memories alive.

France
Passion of Milkglass, collecting

Sabrina J.Henry said...

I have been browsing on-line greater than three hours nowadays, but I never found any fascinating article like yours. It is pretty price sufficient for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made just right content material as you did, the net might be much more useful than ever before.
Franklin Speaking Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary 11th Edition (SCD-2100)

Jason J.Collins said...

A person necessarily lend a hand to make severely articles I might state. This is the very first time I frequented your web page and so far? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular submit incredible. Magnificent task!
La Canadienne Women's Felicia Boot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...